the aura of stately people.
   woodrow wilson >> ex prezzie.

meadow-flowers and butterflies in summers that have been.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Towards the end of every year, the students have to make a poetry notebook for their English class. Most regard it as the world's most boring assignment and the finished product is haphazardly put together at the very last minute. And so, in the midst of their grumbles and moans and groans, they fail to notice the beauty of the poems they are analyzing. Such was the case with my owner, but now it is otherwise. I could say the same. Ogden Nash, JRR Tolkien, Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Victor Hugo and the like --- BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE.

However, analyzing, and dissecting poems is INDEED a tedious job. Whoever heard of analyzing poems? geez. Why does poetry have so many laws? The laws of poetry. That's an oxymoron, nawhatimean. I mean, poetry is supposed to be the only form of literature in which you can express yourself freely even though you suck at grammar (ee cummings ha! i kid!). Strict people ruin literature. Who cares about classifying poetry into sonnets, lyrics, rhymings... whatEVER.

By the by, Shakespeare sucks, people.
If I had any doubts at all about the justice of my dislike for Shakespeare, that doubt vanished completely. What a crude, immoral, vulgar, and senseless work Hamlet is. The whole thing is based on pagan vengeance; the only aim is to gather together as many effects as possible; there is no rhyme or reason about it. ~ Leo Tolstoy
Ha! OWNED.

7 Responses to “meadow-flowers and butterflies in summers that have been.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hahah i love you.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    you're such an observant rabbit, mA.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    you better be updating this blog regularly.
    important people are about to come visit.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Just wandered on in looking for people blogging about poetry. I don't know what to tell you about analyzing poetry, I'm rather enjoying it: here are some reflections on Emily Dickinson.

    I should say I find Shakespeare's plays maddeningly difficult. Have you seen Eliot's essay "Hamlet and His Problems" at Bartleby.com?

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Sorry to tell you Woods, but I think your owner is WAY cooler than you. ha! owned.

    Girls CAN be cool.

    (edin's blog beats yours ANY DAY)

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    kid i like your layout a lot. i do NOT like your lack of updates thereof, however.

    btw brownies, HOT brownies @ my house, come over iA.
    Oh wait! Rabbits can't travel. :(

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    this blog reminds me of my grandma *TEAR*
    the background...the....text? maybe.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Woodii
  • From The Iceland, California, United States
  • I am Woodii Wilson, a bunnyrabbit from the Icelands of California. In other words, I am a genius. Applause.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3